Here at ALKAM, we place utmost importance on reducing our carbon footprint. Ecological sustainability and the ‘less is more’ philosophy is engrained in everything we do, so where we can, we aim to reduce our water, carbon and energy use throughout our businesses practices and across our supply chain.
We have developed ALKAM CONSCIOUS, a framework for our goals that allows us to better measure our progress within the key areas of focus. We are on a mission to achieve these by 2025.
- 100% of swing tags made from recycled materials or FSC certified substrate
- 100% of garment labels made from recycled materials
- Polymailer bags to be compostable or made from 100% recycled materials
- At least 50% of garments to be made from organic, sustainable or recycled materials
- At least 50% of cotton garments to be made from recycled or organic certified cotton
- 100% carbon neutral
- At least 20% reduction in water consumption
- At least 20% reduction in energy consumption
Read more about our Movement for Good practises: