Australia has recently experienced one of the largest natural disasters in history, with summer bringing about an unprecedented destruction of wildfires, resulting in the burning of nearly 6 million hectares of bushland and the staggering death of 1 billion animals.
Through our proud partner One Tree Planted, we have pledged that for every order over $120, we will plant one tree in an attempt to restore Aussie bushland and put wildlife habitats back intact, and assist in the growth of native vegetation.
What's better is that for every tree planted, you receive a personalised certificate awarding you for your contribution to the country, as well as photos and information provided by the reforestation partners. Planting usually occurs during the rainy season, when the soil provides optimum conditions for tree survival.
We all know that trees are great, but here's a quick reminder of why:
- Trees take in harmful pollutants and release clean oxygen.
- Trees filter water, prevent floods, and maintain Earth's water cycles.
- Forests provide habitat to many animals, birds, insects, fungi, moss, and plants.
- Trees provide jobs and food security to many communities.
- Trees and nature reduce stress, aid in recovery, and promote overall wellness.
- Trees absorb carbon dioxide and other pollutants, helping to clean air and regulate climate.
For more info on how we support the environment, check out our sustainability page here.